Tabs

Thursday 28 February 2013

Make! Shakshuka: a great brunch/lunch dish!

A few years ago my sister gave me the first Ottolenghi cookbook and I haven't been able to shake my obsession ever since. I love the chefs behind this legendary London eatery because the innovative flavour and texture combinations they always seem to come up with in their dishes never fail to delight my palate. For my birthday this year my sister and her family gave me the latest book 'Jerusalem' (which I had been hoping to receive since it came out - thanks!) and I have been poring over the recipes and accompanying images thinking, what to make?

The other day I thought I would make us a brunch of shakshuka, as I had all the ingredients to hand and we felt like some good spiced-up eggs! It was really tasty and pretty quick to make.

There are a lot of variations on the shakshuka recipe but the one in the Jerusalem recipe book is similar to the one shown here on the Guardian website. Adjust the herbs and spices to make this as spicy as you like. I tend to make things a bit less spicy these days, so that it's palatable for my son, but my husband and I often add chilli oil and salt at the table so that we don't miss out on the kick we like.



Nice soft yolks. Serve with bread and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so please do share your thoughts! x