Tabs

Monday 15 July 2013

Make! Green pesto potato salad

Despite this salad being almost too simple to post about, I made it today to take to a BBQ and thought I'd show it on the blog as it's a side dish that people always enjoy and ask for the recipe. The magic of this is simply green pesto from a jar. The one time this didn't go down so well was when I served it to a friend with a cashew nut allergy - eek! - it was a mild allergic reaction and she was okay but do remember to check the ingredients of your pesto if you're serving it to people with nut sensitivities!!! Pesto is meant to contain just pine nuts but most of the supermarket brands substitute cheaper cashews. A bit naughty but it still tastes good if you are ok with cashew nuts.

Ingredients: 750g new potatoes, 6 spring onions (chopped) , 1 tbsp green pesto, 1 tbsp mayonnaise (I use light mayo), olive oil.

Chop your potatoes into bite-sized chunks (leaving skin on) and cook by boiling. You can either let your potatoes cool or you can serve this as a warm dish with the freshly cooked potatoes. Add the chopped spring onions, pesto, mayo and a glug of olive oil. Stir and serve.

Obviously this is an easy-peasy dish but always surprisingly a huge crowd pleaser at buffets and BBQs. Try it and see!



8 comments:

  1. My two year old is obsessed with pesto. I'll have to give this a whirl as I'm sick of having pasta/pesto. You're right, I think it would be perfect to go with the meat at a BBQ. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids love pesto. This seems to be the only way my son will eat potatoes! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the great recipe! Love pesto! Your poor friend with her allergies! :) Glad she was ok

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I still feel bad about that but said friend has trusted me enough to eat my cooking since then! I think she forgave me. I'm glad you like the recipe :) x

      Delete
  3. You're right. This is the perfect BBQ side dish and yours look delicious. Glad your friend was ok. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison! I hope you and your family are having a great week too x

      Delete
  4. I LOVE pesto - but never thought to combine it with potato salad... ummmm... Genius! I need to try this ASAP!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case, you will love this Nikki! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments, so please do share your thoughts! x