Tabs

Thursday 13 June 2013

Make! Cheat's chicken jalfrezi

This is a good shortcut recipe for busy parents or just anyone who has limited time for cooking. I used to shun pre-prepared ingredients like the frozen sliced peppers I used here but now they make feeding my family a lot easier!

Slice 2 onions, 2 garlic cloves and fry in a large pot in a small amount of oil.

Add 3 diced chicken breasts and 2 tablespoons jalfrezi curry paste (I like Pataks).

Add a few handfuls sliced frozen peppers. I get these from the frozen section in Asda. Add 1 tin chopped tomatoes, some tomato purée and a little water.

Simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened up to your liking.

I served this with some whole grain basmati rice. It is very quick and definitely a 'cheat's' curry but still really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so please do share your thoughts! x